Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Autumn Tag!




I love Autumn, I'm literally an all singing, all dancing happy girlie on September 1st! I have seen 'The Autumn Tag' on a few blogs recently (Makeup Pixi3, who actually created the tag and the pretty graphic above, and here to name a couple) so I wanted to join in and you know...be like the cool kids ;) 

So without further ado...

The Autumn Tag


1.  Favourite thing about it?  I love cosy nights in but I'm not overly fond of dark mornings so Autumn is the perfect time of year for me, the mornings aren't too dark yet but the evenings are perfect for a cosy fire and lighting a few candles. I'm also crazy in love with the colours of the leaves and the fresh crisp air, is it just me or am I the only one who loves the smell of Autumn?

2.  Favourite drink?  I love a good cup of tea as much as the next person but at this time of year I tend to go a little nuts for hot chocolate, add some cinnamon and a marshmallow or two and I'm in heaven!

3.  Favourite scent/candle?  My favourite perfume of all time is Liz Earle Botanical Essence No15, its warm and spicy with just a little sweetness and its perfect for this time of year. For candles I love Yankee Cadles in either Cinnamon Stick or (my favourite) Mandarin Cranberry which is a little bit christmassy but not so much that you feel weird burning it all year round.

4.  Best lipstick?  I wear coral colours all summer long and in winter I'm all about the red lip but when September hits I usually go with pinky nude or brownish-peach lips. My favourites right now are Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee and Lime Crime Babette.

5.  Go to moisturiser?  I have pretty dry skin with a lot of redness which is a nightmare to take care of but I've recently been loving L'oreal's new skincare Skin Perfection range. Their new moisturiser and serum have been great at evening out my skin tone and moisturising without leaving oiliness. For lipbalm it has to be Carmex Moisture Stick in Peach, I have used Carmex since high school and I'm loving the new tinted version.

6.  Go to colours for the eyes?  I like warm browns and coppery colours, they seem to really bring out the blue in my eyes. Favourites are Urban Decay's Chopper and Tease, both of which are in the Naked 2 Palette and Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr in On &On Bronze.

7.  Favourite music or band/singer to listen to?  I really love the Drive soundtrack, it's such great chillout music and I tend to drift towards that kind of style at this time of year. 

8.  Favourite outfit to wear?  Grey skinny jeans, these Tan knee boots and anything burgundy or wine coloured, a cardigan or jumper and a big chunky knit scarf, I'm liking this taupe and coral one from Forever 21 for a splash of colour on grey days.  

9.  Autumn treat? I love getting all set for Autumn and Winter, getting new boots and a coat is usually my favourite treat at this time of year. I've also got some new comfy slippers (I'm so darn rock n' roll) and will be getting some new nail colours too, probably a dark red and maybe a bottle green colour. 

10.  Favourite place to be?  In front of the fire with the hubby and our fur baby Fudge, preferably with a hot chocolate, listening to the wind and rain. 



This was such a fun post to write! Hope you enjoyed it. 
Leave a comment below and feel free to let me know your favourite things about Autumn too!











0 comments:

Post a Comment