Friday 16 August 2013

Lovely Links - Autumn Essentials


I know it's only mid-august but lets face it, here in the UK summer is pretty much over. The nights are getting darker and each day is a tiny bit chillier than the last. Not that I'm complaining, I love autumn. Leaves falling, cosy jumpers, toasty evenings in front of the fire...totally my idea of a good time. 

The other reason I love autumn is the excuse for some new season shopping and this year I have more reasons than usual. Is it just me or do all the things that you need to survive the autumn and winter all seem to fall apart at once? My boots have holes in them, my coat is worn out, my umbrella has bent spokes and I am in dire need of a couple of new jumpers. 

With that in mind I have been doing some window shopping and found some gorgeous new finds perfect for the new season. 

  • First up I found these gorgeous boots from Next. The last few years I have had black boots and chocolate brown boots so I think it's time to go back to tan for a little change. Plus, tan goes with everything

  • In the interest of change I've decided I need a parka this year since I've had a wool duffel coat for that last few years. This one from ASOS looks comfy, cosy and exactly what I'm looking for.


  • Aztec prints are my jam these days so this dark red snood from New Look is definitely going to be coming to live with me pretty soon. I'm predicting that dark red is going to be the colour this autumn. Last year it was mustard and spicy orange, this year will be all about burgundy. 

  • Last but not least I adore this cosy jumper from H&M, all three colours are great but the mole/light brown colour would go with pretty much everything in my wardrobe. The perfect cosy autumn jumper for layering. 

So that's what I've got my eye on right now. A few little things to keep me a wee bit warmer (and hopefully drier) once September rolls around.

Anyone else already scouting out their autumn wardrobe? 
Find anything great you'd like to share?
Or anyone have any other predictions on what this seasons big colour will be?
I'm telling ya, it will be burgundy/ox-blood/dark red all over the shops in a few weeks...mark my words!




0 comments:

Post a Comment