Wednesday 14 August 2013

Currently reading.....

Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin



I've been thinking a lot about seeing beauty in everyday life and enjoying what I have, so Ive been reading about the subject.  I am re-reading Happier at Home.  I love the way Gretchen Rubin sees the world, its so inspiring.  I've also read the Happiness Project and I believe that Happier at Home is the natural progression from the first book.  I find both these books very inspiring.

Rubin sets specific goals throughout the year to enhance her happiness and to eliminate bad feelings.  This seems to be vital in making us happy.  When I am decorating I am guilty of adding more and more but reading this I realised I need to remove the things and habits that make me unhappy.

Rubin points out that while possessions shouldn't drive our life, they are important because we are surrounded by them everyday so they have some influence over us.   I think we ahould attempt to allow out belongings to add value to our lives. As someone who loves Pinterest and lifestyle blogs I know how easy it is to caught up in how things look but reading this book reminded me that my home is my sanctuary, my playground, my shelter from the world.

So has anyone else read Happier at Home?  Or have you made your own resolutions to improve your happiness?

I'd love to hear from you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment