Wednesday 10 July 2013

Me, Myself and I... a few things you might like to know about me.

Well hello there!


I am so excited to be writing my first proper post for Magpie & Hen and I am so glad to be sharing this space with one of my very oldest and dearest friends. Cheryl and I have been talking about and planning for this blog for a while now so it is super exciting to finally be getting started. 

We have so many ideas for this little blog! We would really like to share our love of crafts and home decor, maybe a few recipes and some of our favourite things like books, music and bits and bobs from around the web.  We would also like to show you a little bit of our beautiful corner of Northern Ireland from time to time. 

We are hoping to post a few times a week to begin with so check back with us often for new posts, or follow us on Bloglovin. I'm sharing a post this weekend on a few summer accessories that I've had my eye on so if you are looking for some sunshine style inspiration be sure to check it it out.  

 For now, this is a getting-to-know-you post, so here are a few things that you might like to know about me.


  • I'm crazy about my husband. I know this probably goes without saying but I figure it deserves to be said anyway. Marriage is by far the hardest and most amazing thing I've ever done. I love knowing that we are a team no matter what happens and that there is no-one in the world that knows me the way he does. We have certainly not had it easy despite only being married 19 months but everyday I am grateful that I married this man. 
Me and the hubby on honeymoon in December 2011 at the Louvre in Paris.  
  • I have health issues. It's very complicated to say the least. I have something called Sacral Agenesis (google will do a much better job of explaining it than I ever could I am sure), its quite rare and I was born with it. I don't want this blog to be about my health, I'm simply putting it out there because it is part of who I am. I want people to understand that no matter how perfect everything looks in blogland, under the surface, everyone has struggles. This is mine.
  • Its all about the dog. We have a Yorkie named Fudge who thinks he is a person. He is the sweetest dog, great with kids and loves a cuddle. Its fair to say that he is totally spoilt and rules the roost in our home. He even sleeps on our bed. My Instagram feed is pretty much just pictures of Fudge. (Yep, I'm that person.) We love our furbaby.


  • I have a ton of hobbies and interests. I am one of those people who likes a challenge, likes to discover and loves to learn. Last year I taught myself to knit and crochet, this year I am learning about photography and have seen a vast improvement in my photos. I have discovered a passion for photography and I'm excited to see where it will take me. I love to read, both books and magazines, I love music and I love movies.  I also love watching all kinds of sport, particularly tennis. In fact you would be hard pushed to find something that I didn't enjoy! 
My first ever blanket that I crocheted last summer. Pattern found here.
(Side note: How amazing was Andy Murray at the weekend!?!?!?! 
A Wimbledon Champion at last! 
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and nearly fell off when that last shot hit the net, haha!)

So that's it.
Now that you know me a little better maybe you could leave a comment and
we could get to know you too!
One of the many reasons for starting this blog is the chance to make new friends
and we would love to hear from you. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment