Monday 15 July 2013

Lovely Links...Photography Tutorials

I am one of those annoying people who constantly has a camera in her hand and a lens in your face. Yup. I'm that person.

 Since teenagehood (is that a real word?...it should be) I have never been without a camera, graduating from a point-and-shoot to a bridge camera and, finally, to a Canon Eos 1100d, an entry level DSLR. I am really new to the world of dslr's. We had our camera for a over a year but its only since the start of this year that I have started to get to grips with it. I am slowly learning to shoot in manual mode and I'm loving it! We have the basic 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens that came with our camera and have added a 55-250mm f/4-5.6 zoom lens and (my new favourite) a fabulous 50mm f/1.8 fixed length prime lens that I got for my birthday.

Then I went a little nuts a few weeks ago and bought a brand new Canon Eos 700d, Canon's newest addition to their beginner DSLR range! I bought it 'body only' since I already had a couple of lenses. However as I sold our 1100d and the kit lens that came with it, I needed a replacement for that focal length so I also bought a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8  lens. Its a fantastic little lens for the price and I'm really enjoying it. 

Since I am trying to learn more about photography I thought that I would share some of my favourite tutorials with you for this Lovely Links post.

Firstly, this post on Photography Awesomesauce taught me so much about manual mode. Informative and interesting without being overwhelming.

Again, this post by Kristen Duke explains the basics in an easy to understand way.

Lifehacker has a great guide to lots of different aspects of photography all broken down into fairly easy to understand steps. Tons of information to be found here. 

Once I got the basics down I found a ton of tips and tutorials from two of our favourite bloggers Elsie and Emma over at A beautiful Mess. So inspiring and really motivated me to get snapping and record our daily life a lot more than I did before. 

Finally, Pinterest is a fantastic source of information and tutorials, not to mention all the beautiful and inspiring pictures! Find our photography board here.

So thats it, a quick round up of my favourite online photography resources.
Does anyone have any other tutorials they can recommend? Or any great photography blogs?
 Drop us a line or leave us a comment below. We'd love to hear from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment